Memphis Flyer Art Box Project
Here's how it works:
- If you would like a Flyer box to transform into art (without disassembling please), fill out the form below.
- Submissions will be accepted through Monday, January 16th.
- We will select a group of artists who will be notified on or around February 8th, and each will have one month to transform their box. A materials stipend will be provided for all selected artists courtesy of our sponsor, The Art Center Supply Store.
- Once all of the boxes are completed and returned, we'll have a photo shoot of the artists with their work.
- The boxes will be unveiled within the pages of The Memphis Flyer, issue 3/29/12, and artists will be honored at an event on Wednesday, March 28th, time and place TBA. Boxes will be displayed as working public art throughout the city in 2012.
- Flyer readers will also vote on "Best in Show," the winner of which will receive a $500 cash prize.
- The box must say "Memphis Flyer" and "Free" in a visible and obvious way.
- All paints and other materials must be weather resistant.
- No puncturing the box.
- No painting over the see-through "window" on the front side.
- No disrupting the door.
- No offensive language or symbols.
By submitting this form you agree:
- To abide by the guidelines listed above when painting or otherwise arting up your box.
- To give the box back, and design completed, by the deadline date.
- To participate in the photo shoot of artists with their boxes.
The Memphis Flyer Art Box Project is open to the public, regardless of art background or training. But before we give you a Flyer box, we want to know a little about you. Please use the form below to give us any information you think would be helpful in our selection process.